Plymouth Sound BSAC meet every Monday evening from 8.30pm onwards. During the spring and summer, we meet at the Mount Batten Centre Bar but, during the winter, we meet at the Borringdon Arms in Turnchapel. The second Monday of each month is our Committee meeting and so reverts to the Mount Batten Centre.
Dives usually take place every weekend, and there are additional dives arranged midweek during the Summer months.
The current list of planned events are shown below. Anyone interested in participating should contact the Dive Manager or Diving Officer:
POSTPONED UNTIL 2021 DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
I am running another Club trip to the Isle of Scillies next year. We already have 8 divers booked on and possibly have two diver spaces available.
Please check the dive report for 2019 trip for the dive sites we do. We are absolutely delighted to be diving with Dave McBride again on his hardboat Tiburon. We stay in a brilliant four bedroom fully furnished and fully equipped house which sleeps 8 divers. If I fill the last two spaces I will need to find another place to sleep them very soon, which will be close by. Our main accommodation is called Trevean and is right in the town centre of St Mary’s Island which is very convenient to the pubs, restaurants, shops and more importantly very close to the harbour where we board Tiburon.
The Isle of Scillies is such a beautiful place to be, not only for the diving but also to visit all the islands – each one is very different, also to do some kayaking, cycling, walks or just sit on one of the quiet beaches and relax after an amazing day of diving.
This trip will use Mevaghdiving.com and their boat the Laura Dean to dive wrecks in the depth range 70-90m off Malin Head, Co Donegal.
Due to the present Coronavirus situation it is with great regret that I’m going to cancel the Penzance/Hayle trip scheduled for this July.
Kernow has been rescheduled for the 11th and 12th of September, and
although the tides on the Monday and Tuesday following Kernow are quite good, the rest of the week starts to get a bit “Springy”, but with all
of this in mind I will watch the situation as it develops with a view to
staying down there after Kernow and diving through the week following.
Unfortunately until the general situation becomes a little clearer it is not really feasible to make any hard and fast decisions.